Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hurricane thoughts

I haven't posted in a week. There just seems to be more important things going on in the world. I found this post on one of the blogs I highlighted on Blogger Day. I usually try to write simple poetry to get my thought out as well. But Chris did a great job of expressing my almost exact feelings I am just reposting his post here. Hope Chris doesn't mind. You can find his blog here.

so this morning I sit, thinking about it all,
some days its enough to just stand without one fall,
what is my purpose and why am I here?
why does my heart fill with so much fear?
i don't like what I see and I don't like where I am,
and if i thought of the right changes, do I believe that I can?
doubts and questions, ponderings for sure,
there is no guarantee that makes this life secure,
darkness and beauty exist in the same breath,
while somewhere in New Orleans the air wreaks of death,
its not about hope, seems more to do with faith,
just some mornings i wonder how much more i can take,
so today the heart is heavy, i hardly even know why,
i wish i had the time to just let myself cry,
brokeness is not evil, most times it leads to good,
often leads me to the thoughts and the actions i should,
some days its just a battle, the reality is war,
its time for me to wake up for the Enemy is at my door,

may you find peace in your ponderings today,

No comments: