Tuesday, February 22, 2005

America's Past Time

Baseball starts in less than 6 weeks. Yeah, they get paid too much. Yes, ticket prices are too high. Yet it is America's past time and I love to go out to a live game. The great outdoors, peanuts, hotdogs, the sound of the crowd, the crack of the bat. It also doesn't hurt that a friend of mine gets me great seats for free, or we go to the minor league games for a much smaller price as well and can still get great seats. Last year I got my first foul ball in 20 years of going to games.

My favorite team is the Phillies and I went to a game at the Vet thanks to my wonderful wife who bought my dad and I tickets for Father's Day in the Vet's last year. And for the first time in all the years going there as an adult I was just as excited to get to meet the Phanatic. I'll try to post the picture of me with him soon. So I am looking forward to the start of a new season.

No comments: