Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Interview from Faith in Florida

A fellow blogger has started a series of interviews for her readers. The following is mine:

1. If you could change any one decision that you made in your life, what would it be?

I use to wish I had done well in college my first time around instead of having to go back a second time. But if I had done that, I would not have married my wife and met some of the amazing people in my life now. So it seems trite but the one thing I would change is the day I was working out with a friend and I did a squat down to far and pulled my back. It bothers me now every time I bend over too much. Too scared of effecting too many other good things in my life to change anything major that happened.


2. God says to you, "I will reveal any one thing to you." What would you want Him to reveal?

Why my 2 year old screams so much! Just kidding! No, I would like to know why I have a hard time doing the things that I want to do for Him.

3. You can change one historical event. Which event, and how do you change it?

Wow that is tough. Once again, afraid of changing the present too greatly. I think I would change the Berlin wall coming down only in the fact that I would be there to watch it happen. That would have been cool.

4. Is there one defining moment in your life that is significant, that you think changed you?
Tell me about it.

Well there was the day at my sister's house when I was spending the summer with her in Iowa that I gave my life to Christ. But that is an easy answer and it was a natural step in the life I was already living. (Grew up in the church) But I would say the most significant event I have already told you about. (See Tim Stories)

It is funny b/c I was telling my friend about it and he asked me how I think it changed me not just then but still today. I think it has helped me to see the important things in life. Spending time with friends and family. Work is such a low priority in my life. If I can get away and spend a day out of the ordinary with a friend, that makes me really happy.

5. Where will you be in 20 years?

Where will I be next year!? In 20 years, I would like to be running my own retreat center for teen groups or leadership teams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are grat answers...hope that wasn't too painful...thanks for playing the interview game:)